Wednesday, January 5, 2011

843 Graduates

Ever since I was a kid in science class watching videos of flowers bloom, clouds rolling across the sky, or a colony of ants carry food to their mound; I was always fascinated by time lapse videos. Technically, it's a series of still images put together and sped up into video form. Well, now I can make my own time lapse, aka, stop-motion videos with my iPhone.

YouTube Video


App: Stopmotion Recorder
Duration: 7.5 minutes
Frequency: 5 seconds between each shot

Stopmotion Recorder is a solid app with a few shortcomings. The output resolution could be better and the number of frames allowed to be taken per video should be higher. My last gripe is once you process a video, that's it... no take-backs or do-overs. You can't change the settings and then reprocess your movie. Luckily, there's a preview, so make sure you like it before you finalize your video. Complaints aside, I definitely recommend this app.


-Posted from my iPhone

Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana

1 comment: